Diabetes & Insulin Pump Training Session for RNs
and Staff Information Session (Per Diem Paid or Volunteer Opportunities)
Download the flyer: ZC 2016 Vol Info Session Flyer
Zebra Crossings provides year round programs for children with chronic medical conditions. Programs are supported by paid and volunteer medical staff. We are looking to grow our team of medical professionals who enjoy working with youth. Join us to learn more about summer and year round positions. RSVP required at [email protected].
4:00 – 5:30 pm Diabetes & Insulin Pumps Training Session. (Free & open to any nurse)
- Presented by a Certified Diabetes Nurse Educator
- Review of diabetes management esp. in high intensity activity situations
- Review of insulin pumps including hands on practice session
- Get all your questions answered!
This training is followed by an optional staff information session, where you can learn about:
- Zebra Crossings mission and programs
- Roles & responsibilities of medical staff
- How to apply or get involved.
A note for medical staff:
- At every program we aim to have two medical staff present including a experienced lead nurse for the day
- Our Medical Director provides medical oversight and standing orders.
- RN’s are covered under Zebra Crossings liability insurance.