Our program volunteers are responsible for the safety, well-being and positive experience of our campers. We rely on the support of adult program volunteers (minimum age 18) to assist in the channeling of energy during programs by finding a balance between spontaneous play and a focus on safety at the right times.
Volunteer staff may be paired with one of our program staff to lead a group or an activity or depending on your experience you may run your own group and activities. Our program coordinator will provide guidance in determining a meaningful role for you.
View our Program Volunteer Opportunities for details.
Parents need peace of mind when they allow their children with a chronic health condition to go out of sight. They need to know that their child will be able to have fun and be worry free for a while in a safe environment.
If you are a licensed medical professional (MD, NP, or RN), please join us and be part of an energizing and empowering experience for kids. View our Medical Volunteer Description for details.
- Our Medical Director provides standing orders for our medical volunteers.
- Our liability and malpractice insurance covers our medical volunteers.
If you are interested in supporting us on a consistent basis for a couple of hours per week or per month, we would appreciate your help with some of our administrative needs. These tasks may vary based on your skills and experience.
- Administrative tasks include data entry, mailings, research, filing.
- Marketing tasks include writing press releases, articles for our newsletter or blog posts.
- Fundraising tasks include grant research and writing.
Board and Committee Members
Zebra Crossings is seeking to expand our board and grow our committees. We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic to serve on an active working board of a growing nonprofit organization and who are inspired to make a difference in the lives of children with a chronic health condition and their families.
In particular, we are looking for candidates who have experience in philanthropy, on other nonprofit boards, marketing and communications, finance.
- Development Committee (6 meetings per year)
- Board Development Committee (4 meetings per year)
- Health Network Committee (4 meetings per year)
- Marketing Committee (6 meetings per year)
- Special Events Team (6 meetings per year)
View our Board & Committee Roles for detailed information on each committee
How to Apply
Please Contact Us to apply for any volunteer position. Let us know what your skills and interests are, so we can channel your energy and enthusiasm!