Per Diem Program Staff
We are currently hiring program staff for Camp Spinnaker: August 11-16, 2013.
- Oversee a cabin group of 6-12 campers together with a program volunteer
- Help youth to feel comfortable and included in the community
- Lead a variety of activities and follow program and safety guidelines
- Help set the tone and energy of our program by bringing enthusiasm and modeling FUN
Commitment & Requirements:
- Be able to join us for the full week of camp: August 11 - 16, 2013
- Attend a one day staff training session prior to camp
- Minimum age is 20 years old and completed one year of college (or equivalent experience)
- Experience facilitating youth or education programs
- We will conduct background and reference checks on all staff.
Contact us if you need school credit hours. We have more program options available.
Compensation: $500 for the full week.
Year Round Program Staff:
Per diem staff are the energizers of ourprograms. This group of people takes the lead on running our programs and create unique experiences and lasting memories for our participants. Program staff will work directly with the participants in small and large groups. They are responsible for engaging participants in fun activities and providing a safe environment.
A Program Coordinator will oversee each program and serves as the primary contact person for parents, participants, program staff, and volunteers.
- Ideally, program staff need to be able to commit to at least one year of involvement with a minimum availability of 4 programs per year.
- Staff will need to participate in a one day staff orientation. This is an unpaid training day and your investment in a rewarding experience.
- Staff will receive feedback and coaching at the end of each program. You will be asked to share your thoughts and feedback as well. We believe it is important for everyone’s growth and development.
Contact us if you are a college student and would like your experience with Zebra Crossings to count towards your college credit.
Depending on the course requirements we may be able to support you. Astrid has years of experience working with interns and college students. She has helped to meet many college credit requirements by filling out lots of staff evaluation forms for advisors. We believe that we can help you evolve as a youth development professional as you help Zebra Crossings’ participants grow through our programs.
- Minimum 20 years and completed 1 year of college (or equivalent experience)
- Experience working with youth (e.g. child care, coaching, recreational or camp programs)
- Minimum 21 years and of 1 year of college (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in youth development
- Experience coordinating youth programs and leading a program staff team
- Experience as liaison with parents
- Sound judgment, strong communication skills
If you currently do not have the experience to apply as per diem staff, please consider joining us a program volunteer and become qualified through that experience.