Healthy Lifestyle programs
Offered by Wentworth Douglass Hospital with program support from Zebra Crossings, the CLIMB - Changing Lifestyles Improving Mind & Body - program helps teens ages 14-18 to improve their lifestyle. This eight week intensive program includes fitness, nutrition, family recreational activities and peer support.
We closed the spring 2014 session on May 3 with positive results and a sense of accomplishment. At the top of Mt. Agamenticus, we celebrated the accomplishments of five participants, who worked hard over eight weeks to improve their lifestyle through fitness and nutrition classes.
On average, participants:
* reduced time of one mile walk by 3.8 minutes with an increased speed of 0.8 miles per hour
* increased number of push-ups in one minute by 4.8
* increased number of body weight squats in one minute by 7.6
* increased flexibility by 3 inches
* decreased waist line by 1.8 inches
Family members who are involved in nutrition sessions and some activities, also indicated positive change with one person losing 11 pounds and improving blood sugar levels overall.