Are you a college student who is seeking to fulfill your college internship requirements? We are interested in working with you to create your internship opportunity with Zebra Crossings.
Depending on the course requirements we may be able to work together. Astrid has years of experience working with interns and college students. She has helped to meet many college credit requirements by filling out many evaluation forms for advisors. We believe that we can help you evolve as a youth development professional as you help Zebra Crossings’ participants grow through our programs.
Areas of learning may include:
- Program facilitation and, if qualified, program coordination.
- Planning and development of programs
- Program administration
- Facilitation of volunteer orientation
- Fundraising, event planning and organization
- Grant research and grant writing
- Marketing and promotion
- Creating seasonal newsletter
Interns will receive a monthly stipend based on the number of programs offered each month. We will work with you to find a balance between your internship requirements and interests as well as Zebra Crossings’ needs. Based on the objectives and the length of the internship we will co-create an outline of your responsibilities. You will receive coaching and feedback throughout your time with us.
- Minimum 21 years
- One year of college or equivalent experience
- Experience working with youth
- Experience as liaison between organization and parents
- Sound judgment, strong verbal and written communication skills, professional attitude, and playful spirit
How to apply:
If you are interested in an internship with Zebra Crossings, please send a cover letter and resume with three professional or school/college references to
Minimum length of an Internship is 8 weeks.
For internships less than 8 weeks, interns could qualify if they are able to commit to at least 6 months of involvement with a minimum availability of 4 programs after the internship.
Staff will receive feedback and coaching at the end of each program. You will be asked to share your thoughts and feedback as well. We believe it is important for everyone’s growth.
Background and reference checks will be conducted.