Now Hiring Program Volunteers for Camp Spinnaker - August 16-21, 2015
Every program is staffed with trained and experienced facilitators in a 1:12 participant to staff ratio. However, we promise parents that we provide supervision within a 1:6 ratio for our youth programs and 1:10 ratio for our teen programs with the support of program volunteers.
Help create a sense of community and belonging for kids!
Our camp staff are an integral part of Camp Spinnaker. Program staff work and live directly with our campers 8-12. They are responsible for the safety, well-being and positive experience of our campers. We rely on the support of adult program volunteers to assist in the channeling of energy during programs. We love the positive energy that everyone brings. Channeling energy means finding a balance between spontaneous play and a focus on safety at the right times.
Volunteer staff may be paired with one of our program staff to lead a group or an activity or depending on your experience you may run your own group and activities. Our Program Coordinator will provide guidance in determining a meaningful role for you. Please let us know when you apply what your skills and interests are, so we can channel your energy and enthusiasm as well!
- Oversee a cabin group of 6-12 campers together with a program volunteer
- Help youth to feel comfortable and included in the community
- Lead a variety of activities and follow program and safety guidelines
- Help set the tone and energy of our program by bringing enthusiasm and modeling FUN
Commitment & Requirements:
- Be able to join us for the full week of camp: August 16- 21, 2015
- Attend a one day staff training session prior to camp (August 15, 2015)
- Minimum age is 19 years old and completed one year of college (or equivalent experience)
- Experience facilitating youth or education programs
- We will conduct background and reference checks on all staff.
Please contact us to apply for a program volunteer position.