What parents need and can look forward to:
- Develop a parent support network
- Learn new skills and strategies for balancing life
- Spend quality time as couple
- A sense of optimism and preparedness
- Rejuvenate and gain fresh perspective
Educational and Support Programs
Zebra Crossings is planning to offer in partnership with other community organizations various educational and support programs just for parents, providing valuable information on special needs of children with a chronic health condition. This educational program address some concerns and challenges parents may face when parenting through illness.
Topics may include:
- IEP's in the school
- Developmental impact of illness
- Coping with illness
- Limit setting/boundaries/normalization
- Sibling concerns
Your contribution is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.